In this troubleshooting guide to resolving technical issues, we will provide steps to address the freezing problem that may occur on your iPhone 12 Keeps Freezing Randomly After iOS 14.3.
Although performance-related issues can be a nuisance, they are generally straightforward to resolve. Keep reading for further information.
Frequently, you may experience lags and freezing, which are among the most typical performance problems. While these difficulties can hinder your device’s performance, they are not severe.
In reality, you may only require a few simple actions to restore your iPhone’s smooth operation.
How to Fix iPhone Keep Freezing Issues?
When an iOS user’s device screen starts to malfunction, the initial thought is often to have the screen replaced or to take the iPhone to a technician for repair. However, there are a few simple steps you can take to resolve the issue on your own.
Utilize the solutions provided below to resolve freezing errors on your iPhone 12.
First solution: Close all apps running in the background
To begin troubleshooting, it is crucial to ensure that no applications are consuming your iPhone’s RAM and CPU. Many apps may continue to running in the background, which can adversely affect your device’s performance. Before proceeding to other remedies, follow these instructions:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen and pause in the middle. This will display the list of currently running apps.
- Swipe up on each app preview to shut them down one by one.
- Check if your iPhone 12 is still freezing or running slowly in the background. By taking these steps, you can address the problem of freezing or slow performance on your iPhone 12, and avoid continually asking the question, “Why does my iPhone 12 keep freezing?”
Delete The App Causing Your iPhone 12 To Freeze
In case you’re experiencing freezing issues on a particular app, it’s highly likely that the app is the root cause of the problem. In such cases, removing the app and replacing it with a similar one may resolve the problem.
To delete an app from your iPhone, follow these steps:
- Navigate to your iPhone’s home screen where the app is located.
- Tap and hold the app icon until it begins to shake.
- Tap the X icon located at the top right corner of the app.
If the freezing randomly persists even after removing the app, don’t worry. Keep reading for more comprehensive repair tips that might solve the issue.
Second solution: Force restart your iPhone
In addition to the first solution, it is recommended to refresh your iPhone’s memory and reload all services by performing a force restart your iPhone.
This method simulates the removal of the battery and has been shown to be effective in resolving similar problems. If you want to force restart your iPhone follow these steps:
- Quickly press and release the Volume Up button, followed by the Volume Down button.
- Immediately after, tap and hold the Power key for 8 seconds. This will prompt your iPhone to shut down and forced restart.
- When the Apple logo appears on the screen, quickly release the Power key and let the device complete the boot process.
After the forced restart, use your phone, as usual, to determine if the freezes have been resolved.
Still Not Work? Try The Ultimate Solution no. 3
If you’ve tried all the potential solutions mentioned above, including updating to iOS 15.5/16, but your new iPhone 12 continues to freeze, don’t worry.
We have the ultimate solution for you. iToolab FixGo is the top iOS system repair software on the market, capable of resolving all sorts of iPhone issues quickly and effectively, without the loss of any data.
This powerful tool is renowned for reviving unresponsive or stuck iOS devices using state-of-the-art system repair capabilities.
With a system error fixer, you can upgrade or downgrade iOS updates, reset your iPhone’s touch ID without a passcode, and more, making it the ideal tool to solve any Phone firmware-related issues without requiring any technical knowledge.
Fourth solution: Update Your iPhone 12
If your iPhone is experiencing problems, it may be due to an outdated software component if it is not up-to-date with the latest iOS update. Updating your iOS to the most recent version available could be the next solution to this issue.
You have several options for updating iOS on your iPhone:
Check for new updates
It’s also possible that the issue you’re experiencing is widespread, and in that case, Apple may release an update that addresses it. The next step is to check for any available updates.
To check for updates on your iPhone and prevent unexpected freezing, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap General.
- Select “Software Update.”
- If an update is available, download and install it. After updating your iPhone, check to see if the freezing issue persists.
How To Update iOS In Settings
To refresh your iPhone, abide by these instructions:
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap General and navigate to Software Update.
- If there is a new iOS version, hit Update Now to initiate the update procedure.
Nevertheless, if your iPhone’s battery level is below 50%, it is advisable to connect it to a charger before proceeding. Updating your iPhone can take some time, and it’s important to ensure that your new device has enough battery to avoid any complications that may arise during the update process.
Fifth solution: Reset all settings on your device
To troubleshoot frequent freezes on your iPhone 12, resetting all settings to their default values might be the solution. Incorrect settings may cause this issue, and hard resetting them will rectify the problem without data loss.
To reset your iPhone 12 to its factory settings, perform the following steps:
- Locate the Settings app on your Home screen and open settings.
- Scroll down the menu and tap General.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap Reset.
- Tap erase All Content and Settings for factory reset.
- Enter your Apple iD password if prompted.
- Tap Erase iPhone at the bottom
- Confirm by tapping Reset All Settings again.
- After you Reset All Settings, set up a new device.
Your phone should work correctly now.
Hard Reset Your iPhone 12
Performing a hard reset is an excellent starting point if your iPhone 12 is experiencing freezing issues. This may eliminate the software glitch that is causing your device to become stuck and enable you to use it normally once again.
To factory reset your iPhone 12, follow these steps:
- Press and release the volume up button, followed by the volume down button.
- Press and hold the side button until the white Apple logo appears on your screen.
- Once the Apple logo shows, release the side button. Your iPhone should resume normal operation shortly thereafter.
Repair Your iPhone 12 with Apple
If you’ve followed all the steps outlined, but your iPhone 12 still freezes, it may be time to seek professional help. If your iPhone is still under warranty, Apple may be able to replace it at no cost to you. You can make an appointment with the Genius Bar at an Apple Store near you.
A certified technician will examine your iPhone and give you a diagnosis for free. They’ll also provide you with an estimate for the cost of repairing or replacing your device. If they have the necessary parts in stock, they may be able to repair your phone the same day.
Full iPhone storage can often lead to the freezing of the phone, so backup can be a solution.
How To Backup Your iPhone To Finder
For users of MacOS Catalina 10.15 or later on a Mac computer, it’s best to use Finder to back up your iPhone 12 to protect essential data. Follow these steps:
- Connect your iPhone 12 to your Mac computer via a cable.
- Launch Finder from your dock or Applications folder.
- From the Finder sidebar, select your iPhone 12 under the Locations section.
- Choose “Backup all data on your iPhone to this Mac” from the General tab.
- Click on the Backup Now button to initiate the backup process.
- Wait for the backup process to complete, after which the Latest Backup section will show the date and time of the backup.
Just like with iTunes, Finder will display the time and date of the latest backup process once it’s finished and running smoothly.
How To Backup Your iPhone To iTunes
However, if you prefer to back up your iPhone to your computer and run iTunes, that’s also an option. For Windows PC or older MacOS users, you’ll need to use iTunes. To backup your iPhone via iTunes, follow these steps:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using a cable.
- Launch iTunes on your computer and click on the iPhone icon in the top left corner.
- From the left-hand menu, select either “iCloud” or “This Computer” as your preferred backup source.
- Click “Back Up Now” to begin the backup process.
- Once the backup is complete, the “Latest Backup” section will display the date and time of the backup.
Resolving the iPhone 12 freezing hardware issue is a straightforward process and can be accomplished by utilizing the various solutions provided in this troubleshooting guide. I hope you found one, that suits your problem.