There are many scenarios where you might want to share your location immediately with a friend or family member. Or if you’ve tried to meet someone at a certain location but you don’t know the exact address. You can share your location on iPhone 12 via GPS with anyone with just a tap.
When Share My Location is turned on, you can share your location with friends, family, and contacts from your iPhone with Find My. You can also share your location in the Find People app on watchOS 6 or later with Apple Watch models that have GPS and cellular and are paired with your iPhone.
Talking about the steps to share the location on the iPhone 12, there are seven steps that are suggested to do. Don’t worry! It is very easy to understand. So, please pay attention to these following steps well!
- Open a conversation with the person whom you want to send your location to.
- Tap the top of the screen, which includes the icon for the person you are chatting with.
- Tap the info icon (“i” in a circle) and choose the kind of location sharing you want to do:
- If you want to send your current location, tap “Send My Current Location.”
- If you want to share your location for a period of time, tap “Share My Location,” and then choose how long you want your location to be visible an hour, for the rest of the day, or forever.
- Tap “Done.”
If you already set up Family Sharing and use Location Sharing, your family members automatically appear in Find My.
- Open the Find My app and select the People tab.
- Select Share My Location or Start Sharing Location.
- Enter the name or phone number of the person you want to share your location with.
- Select Send.
- Choose to share your location for One Hour, Until End of Day, or Share Indefinitely.
- Select OK.
When you share your location with someone, they have the option to share their location back.
Because of some obvious privacy concerns, your phone doesn’t broadcast your location all the time. Instead, you need to choose to send your location to a specific person.
How to Enable Location Services on iPhone 12
Before you can share your location with anyone, you should make sure location services are turned on.
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap “Privacy” and then tap “Location Services.”
- Ensure Location Services is on by swiping the slider to the right.
- If you also want to share your location continuously with someone for a period of time (rather than just sending a one-time location message) tap “Share My Location” and then ensure it’s on by swiping the slider to the right.
Well, those are seven steps of how to share your location on iPhone 12. Just apply it to your iPhone 12 as well as you can!