Many iPhone 12 owners are facing the problem of an unresponsive screen, when the screen of the smartphone does not respond to touch, as a result of which it is impossible to unlock the device and use its functionality.
Whatever the reasons, if you encounter this problem, you should not worry. Many think that they only need to force restart to solve the problem and are concerned when this does not work and they do not see the apple logo.
This article will show you how to fix the problem if your iP hone 12’s touchscreen isn’t working.
Why is my iPhone screen not responding to my touch?
Problems with apps on your phone
Pinpointing exactly why the iPhone 12 touchscreen isn’t working can be tricky. Interpretation of data input from the iPhone touchscreen device occurs due to the processor and software.
If they do not work properly, the problem will appear. It is always due to a software glitch where requests in the app stop responding or the passcode screen is slow to respond.
Touch screen issues
The iPhone 12 unresponsive touch screen includes a glass panel and a digitizer. The glass panel is a protective layer on the top surface and is susceptible to grease and moisture. The digitizer is not the glass that is touched but is located directly under the glass layer and responsible for recognizing touches.
If the digitizer is broken, it will generally not respond to the owner’s touch. This is due to a hardware problem and may occur after dropping the iPhone 12 on a tile.
If your iPhone 12 can’t detect touches after fixing a software issue, it’s most likely a hardware issue.
The most serious problems
The most serious problems with the iPhone 12 not responding to touch can be related to a malfunction of the system, smartphone firmware, and software. Also, the phone’s lack of response to the owner’s touch may be due to a breakdown of the digitizer, an encoding device designed to digitize images.
You can only fix this problem at an Apple service center. With such problems, it is recommended to contact the Apple Store.
How do I fix an unresponsive touch screen iPhone 12
If the iPhone 12 screen is not responding, there are several ways to fix the situation.
Check your mobile phone screen for dirt
Check your phone screen. Dirt can prevent effective contact with the touch screen. If there is a lot of oil on the display, this may cause screen access problems.
A quick flush of the screen will help. Make sure you don’t use a wet cloth. If you decide to pour water on the screen protector of the iPhone 12, you risk it getting inside the gadget. For best results, use microfiber.
Get rid of the protective film
Before fixing fatal software glitches in iPhone 12, check the smartphone case and screen protector. If necessary, remove the screen protector.
The iPhone 12 and its touch screen may not be compatible with accessories, which may affect the touch sensitivity of the screen and leave the iPhone touch screen in an iOS smartphone dormant.
Often it is at the bottom of the screen protector where the notch is located, and there is no response at the top of the screen.
djust the temperature
At high and too-low temperatures, the iPhone 12 often experiences a lack of touchscreen response. The operating temperatures of iOS devices are in the range of 0…-35 °C. Devices can change behavior in low or high-temperature conditions to regulate the temperature regime.
Operating an iOS device in high-temperature environments outside the specified temperature ranges will cause the touchscreen to respond to blocked, the battery to drain temporarily, and devices to turn off.
How do I unlock my iPhone 12 with the unresponsive screen?
The easiest solution to unlock an iPhone with an unresponsive touchscreen is to factory reset it. Its use will allow you to troubleshoot problems that may occur during the operation of programs. Try to force close all running software on your iPhone. This will potentially solve the problem.
The first step is to restart. Sometimes a reboot can solve the problem with the iPhone 12 touch screens not working. First, before trying to fix the problem with the iPhone 12, use the master reset of the smartphone.
- To do this, hold the side button and any phone volume button for a few minutes.
- To turn off the device, move the slider on the display to the right.
- Press and hold the side button until the smartphone turns on (the Apple logo appears).
Unfortunately, the touchscreen may stop working and not respond to drag-and-drop commands. Force restarts your iPhone 12 if it’s temporarily out of order.
To force restart your smartphone and fix the problem with the sensor, you need to
- Press and quickly release the volume up button.
- After that, press and quickly release the volume down button.
- Press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears on the iPhone 12.
If you want your iPhone 12 to reboot, then you need to follow these steps: Please enter your password on the lock screen protector to determine if the phone reacts to touches. If the device does not return to normal and a forced restart does not help, follow the tips below.
Use an external keyboard
To unlock an iPhone 12 with a non-responsive display, try connecting an external keyboard. Thanks to this device, the smartphone owner will have a chance to unlock the iOS phone without losing data.
To unlock your iPhone 12 using an external keyboard, follow these steps
- Connect an external keyboard to iPhone 12 using an OTG cable or Bluetooth.
- Start the phone by pressing the power button.
- Wait until the Apple logo appears on the iPhone 12.
- Enter the password on the keyboard to deal with the smartphone lock.
System recovery mode screen using a PC
A similar error related to a malfunction of the system or firmware will help to solve a reasonable and reliable way to correct the situation. To do this, you will need to perform an iOS system restore on a Windows PC or Mac computer.
The reason why a system repair is needed and why the iPhone 12 screen is not responding is due to the iOS system. Because the iOS software and all the applications installed on the smartphone interact, the iPhone 12 works correctly.
The software solves this problem by providing the ability to factory reset the iOS firmware without resetting the settings.
How do I unfreeze my iPhone 12?
If the solutions above didn’t work, you might need to fix a software issue that’s causing your iPhone 12 display to refuse to work. Software problems can be difficult to fix on your own.
For example, some users have reported issues with screen unresponsiveness even though the update iOS 14.2.1 has been installed. Unlocking the device can also be done using special programs.
Try unlocking your smartphone with Siri
To unlock an iPhone 12 whose screen has stopped responding, you should learn how to use a special trick with Siri. This method has proven to be effective, as it can be used to control the device without touching the screen of the device.
However, it is only applicable if the iPhone screen periodically responds to touch.
In this case, you must perform the following algorithm of actions
- Say “Hey Siri” and launch VoiceOver.
- Double-click on the phone’s power button to display the access code screen.
- Next, select “Slide to unlock” by swiping left or right.
- Click on the display to bring up the access code page.
- Move the VoiceOver cursor to highlight the numbers from the password. You must double-click on each of the numbers to confirm your choice.
- . Highlight the Enter button by swiping left or right. Double-tap the button to enter the password.
Restore iPhone 12 via iTunes
Another possible solution to this problem is to restore your iOS device using iTunes. This method allows you to reset your iPhone to factory settings.
Applying the method means that all data, applications, and settings, including screen passcode settings, will be deleted. However, using this method is recommended if your phone has been backed up.
To restore the device, you must
- Connect the smartphone to PC using USB cable.
- Launch iTunes application from your computer, checking in advance which version of the application is installed. It is recommended to use the latest version.
- Wait for the phone to be detected by the computer.
- Click on the app icon located in the upper left corner to open the “Summary” section.
- Next, start the recovery mode process and wait for the end of the process.
Restore iPhone 12 via Finder
DFU mode will help update iOS and restore phone settings using a backup copy (if you have any). DFU recovery mode can fix system errors that caused the Apple iPhone 12 touch screen to stop working or responding.
The procedure is quite complicated, so use the detailed instructions
- Go to Finder.
- Connect iPhone 12 to PC using USB cable.
- Increase the volume on your smartphone by holding the button, and then decrease the volume.
- Hold down the side button until the display goes dark.
- Simultaneously hold down the volume down and the side button for 5 seconds.
- Remove your finger from the side button while continuing to decrease the volume.
- Wait for a message from the Finder to start the recovery mode screen.
- Confirm the restoration.
WooTechy’s help iDelock allows you to unlock iPhone with an unresponsive iPhone touchscreen
For those who want to learn how to unlock iPhone when the screen is not responding, then WooTechy iDelock is a great tool.
This is a specially designed computer application designed to unlock iOS locks at a fast pace. The great thing about this app is that it has a great interface.
It is ideal for users who do not know any details about iOS technologies.
An overview of iPhone 12 unlock features with WooTechy iDelock
- This removes the screen lock, Apple ID lock, MDM lock, and screen time lock without a password.
- Application with the highest success rate.
- Supports all iPhone models including iOS 13 and iOS 15.
- Everyone will be able to use the tool easily thanks to super-friendly interfaces.
Delete iPhone Data via iCloud
Alternatively, you can use iCloud to unlock an iPhone 12 with an unresponsive screen bug. If the smartphone owner has access to their Apple ID credentials, then this method can be used from a tablet, computer, or phone to which they have access.
However, it should be borne in mind that when using iCloud, all gigabytes of information will be erased. Consider in advance whether it is worth doing this if there are no data backups.
The unlock algorithm is as follows
- Go to the Internet browser that you use to work with this site and go to iCloud. You must use your Apple ID and password to sign in to the site.
- Next, you need to click “Find iPhone” on the page.
- Select your iPhone 12 by clicking All Devices.
- After finding iPhone 12 in the list of paired devices and selecting it, click the “Erase iPhone” button.
- This will restart the iPhone 12 and remove the on-screen passcode, allowing you to unlock the device.
If there is a hardware problem with iPhone 12
If all these tips are applied, and the iPhone touch screen is still not working, in this case, the owner of the phone needs to contact Apple support and ask them to check the iPhone 12 in the Genius Bar. Most likely, the problem with the touch screen is due to a hardware malfunction, not software.
If the iPhone 12 is dropped and the screen is broken, this may indicate a broken digitizer. With this failure, the connector of the LCD cable connecting the LCD to the logic board may have become loose due to physical impact.
If the digitizer and LCD screen are not connected to the motherboard, the iPhone 12 screen will not work properly.
Only disassembling the iPhone 12 with reconnecting the LCD cable connector will help in such a situation. However, doing it yourself will be quite difficult, since the wrong action will lead to the failure of the iPhone 12; please visit the Apple Store to replace the defective device inside the iPhone 12.
If your iPhone 12 is getting slower, then read our Article “Why is My iPhone 12 So Slow – Troubleshooting Guide”. Read also about How to turn iPhone 12 Pro Max off.