In this Article you learn, how You can use Siri with your iPhone 12 or iPhone 12 Pro.
Does the iPhone 12 have Siri?
When you enable Siri on your iPhone 12, you must either say “Hey Siri” or long-press the button on the right side of the phone to access it.
How do you get Siri on an iPhone 12?
I already wrote about how to activate Siri on the iPhone 12 some time ago. Read more about enabling voice commands in the following article: “How to Get Siri on iPhone 12 easily and effortlessly”.
How do you activate Siri on iPhone and iPhone 12 Pro?
Access Siri with voice command
You can use voice control to activate Siri. Just say “Hey Siri” and you’ll see the Siri icon pop up at the bottom of the screen. Siri doesn’t take up the whole screen as she did before iOS 14.
Depending on your device, you can choose any of the following options:
- iPhone with Home button. Press and hold the Home button.
- For iPhones with Face ID, press and hold the side button on your iPhone.
- Wearing EarPods – Press and hold the Call or Centre button.
- Other Apple devices:
- Siri Eyes Free: Simply press and hold the voice command button at the steering wheel to activate Siri.
- Carplay: Go to the CarPlay Home Screen, and press the home button. Or press and hold on to the voice command button at the steering wheel.
Finally, ask Siri a question or give her commands to accomplish the task. For example, You can set an alarm or ask Siri questions about the weather or math.
To ask Siri another question, tap the Siri icon at bottom of the screen.
iOS 14’s voice assistant does not take over the whole screen like previous versions. It instead displays a colorful icon at the top of the screen to show that it is listening. The responses can also be displayed as banners or widgets on a small portion of the screen, rather than taking over the whole display.
What commands can Siri perform?
Voice commands for making phone calls and sending messages
- Make Phone calls
- Make FaceTime calls
- Read text messages and emails
- Send text Messages “Hey Siri, text Paul, ‘Where are you?'”
- Check voicemail
Ask Siri Questions
- Weather: “What’s the weather today?”
- Time zone: “Hey Siri, what time sit in New York?”
- Math: “What’s 42 minus 28?”
- Definitions, synonyms, antonyms, etc.
- Site searches: “Hey Siri, what’s trending on Facebook?”
Search your Phone
You can search your Phone with Siri by using keywords.
- Emails: “Find the email about…”
- Notes: “Hey Siri, find my note about the project A meeting”
- Photo Search will only work if you have used facial recognition software to associate a photo to certain contact
Calendar voice commands for Siri
- Schedule meetings
- Set alarms “Hey Siri, set an alarm for 8 a.m.”
- Set reminders
- Countdowns: “Hey Siri, how many days until September 18?”
Activate voice control to help with directions
- “Hey, Siri, what’s traffic now on the way to work?”
- “Where is the McDonalds?”
- “Find driving directions to McDonald’s.”
Control Apple Music with Hey Siri
- Commands Play, Pause, Stop, Go Back, Next Song.
- Play specific Music”Hey Siri, play Adele or Rolling in the Deep or 21.”
- Play related music “Play music like this”
Tips on how to use Siri on iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro
When Siri does not understand your question, you can make a correction
Here are some methods to correct Siri if you don’t understand your question.
Tap on the Siri icon to rephrase your request. To change a message, say “Change it” before you send it. Then tap the Siri Icon to repeat your question. If Siri does not understand what you are saying, Siri can ask you to repeat “Call Anna”, and then spell “Anna”.
In addition, You can edit your request by typing.
Change the sound of your assistant
You can also alter the sound and language of Siri. Here are the steps:
- Go to the Settings app
- Scroll down and select Siri & Search
- Select Siri Voice to choose from the available voices and genders based on your country or region
- You can change the language by selecting language on the Siri & Search screen.
iOS Updates to Siri
iOS 14: A huge Package of Improvements
iOS 14 Update to Siri, which is the version that was installed on iPhone 12 at the time of release, includes several updates to Siri’s appearance and capabilities. These features, in addition to the above-mentioned appearance changes, were also improved or added.
- Siri Suggestions – One of the many improvements to Siri’s interface is a widget for Shortcuts Suggestions which allows it to suggest actions you already do. These suggestions can be displayed on your Today view, on your home screen, or both.
- More Answers: Apple improved the ability to search a lot of things, and the virtual assistant can access the internet to find answers.
- Voice messaging: Siri can record and send audio messages using iMessage, MMS text messages or iMessages. This means that you can send audio files to Android users.
- ETA sharing: give an ETA to another iPhone user, and ask Siri to “Share your ETA.” Siri will then send your ETA via Apple Maps to the person. To share your estimated arrival time, you must have already begun directions in Apple Maps.
- Translation: Siri has increased the number of language pairs, now there are 65 and you don’t even need an internet connection to translate. The translations are also much smoother than they were in the past.
- Automatic Reminders from Mail: iOS 14 introduced Siri’s ability to recognize reminders in email and suggest alternatives. This is an excellent feature that will help you keep your mind on the game if you have a lot of reminders sent via email.
iOS 14.5: New Voices
Apple’s new iPhone operating software iOS 14.5 adds many new features to the Siri digital assistant. These include naturalistic voice options and new features. When you create a new Apple device, Siri will no longer use the default female voice. Now, you will be asked to select from four-voice options.
Siri supports Group FaceTime. And this makes it easier to make calls with multiple contacts and ask Siri to FaceTime any group name in Messages. Moreover, Siri now supports incoming messages and can announce calls via compatible Beats headphones or AirPods. Siri also supports emergency contact calling if an iPhone owner needs assistance.
- On-device speech processing: The Apple Neural Engine’s power allows speech recognition models to be processed entirely on your iPhone unless you choose to share it.
- On-device personalization: Siri’s speech recognition and understanding improves as you use your device.
- Siri process many commands Offline including Clocks, Timers and Alarms, Phone, Messaging, Settings, and Sharing.
- Processing on-device quickly
- Sharing of photos, web pages and content from Apple Music, Apple Podcasts, Apple News stories or Maps locations on your screen.
- Use contacts on screen: Siri can now use onscreen context to send a message or place a call. For example, Siri will send a message or notification about a missed call or message to the contact you are looking at in the Contacts app.
- Maintaining context: Siri keeps context between your requests so there is a possibility to refer to the question you have just asked. Siri can connect between questions like “Is The Museum of Modern Art open?” or “How long will it take to get there?”
- CarPlay Announces Incoming Messages
- Smart home accessories can be controlled at a particular time
- Neural text-to-speech voice in more languages
- Siri supports mixed English and Indic languages
- New voice option U.S. English: Voice 5.
Watch the Video tutorial from DHTV
Maybe You are interesting in the following Articles:
- How to Delete Apps on iPhone 12 – Ultimate Guide
- Where Is Microphone on iPhone 12 – Detailed Manual
- How to Adjust Brightness on iPhone 12 – Detailed Guide