Although the new iPhone 12 series has the best iPhone features, Apple has made changes to some of the phone’s most basic features. This new update from Apple is certainly very annoying, as constantly checking the battery level is a habit for many. While the battery status can be seen, it is not the same as the percentage. Changing the settings in this case does not help. There are several alternatives to this problem. But just to warn you, the battery percentage cannot be displayed in the status bar. Instead, you can resort to other options how to show battery percentage on iPhone 12 permanently.
Is it Possible to Turn on the Battery Level in Percent on the iPhone
All iPhone models, both old and new, allow you to know how much battery has. The difference is that Apple smartphones X, XR, XS, XS Max will not be able to show the data all the time. For the sake of ergonomics, in order not to clutter the space on the screen, the information was “hidden” in the control center curtain. In the new models, you can get the data only from there.
The user will have to call an additional menu through the control center, which disappears after use. In the settings, it was enough to turn on the function “Active percentage”.
The ability to see the charge level as a percentage has a psychological effect. As soon as the number becomes less than 50, the desire to find an outlet and charger increases significantly. After all, it means that the smartphone has only a few hours left. According to recent tests, 49% means about 5 hours of operation of the mobile device.
Keep in mind that we are talking about a new phone with a battery that has not been damaged by careless use.
Via Batteries Widget on the Home Screen
If you want to know your battery percentage as soon as you open your iPhone, your best bet is to add a batteries widget to your home screen. Also with the new iOS 14 update, you can choose between 3 widget sizes according to your preference. If you don’t like the huge batteries widget taking up the entire home screen, you can choose a smaller battery icon. These options were not available before the iOS 14 update.
The battery widget is very simple and shows the battery percentage indicator of your iPhone and other connected devices. You can add a battery widget by following a few simple steps.
Steps to Add Battery Widget to Home Screen
- Go to the Home screen and tap and hold any app or blank space.
- When apps are in an editable state, you can see the option to remove the app.
- You may see a + sign in the upper left corner. Click on that to add any widget.
- The widget menu will now open. Scroll down to find the battery widget.
- Once you select a widget, a preview of the widget will be shown, and you can choose any size widget you want.
- Once you have selected a widget in one of the three sizes, you can add it to the Home screen.
The battery percentage indicator will appear on the Home screen every time you open your iPhone. But you may find it unaesthetic to add the widget to the Home screen. If you don’t want to fill the Home screen with a battery indicator, you can add it to the Today view column. You can add it:
- Swipe to the left to open the “Today’s View” menu.
- Long press and hold anywhere blank.
- When the menu becomes editable, click the + icon in the upper left corner.
- You can now add a battery widget to the Today View.
You can move the widget around the Home screen to adjust it wherever you want. But you cannot change the size of the widget to your liking, except for the three available options. There are certain external apps that you can use to display your battery percentage, other than the settings on your phone. These apps are available in the App Store.
Ask Siri for Help
Siri, your virtual assistant can help you instantly. Set the “Listen, hello, Siri” option in the settings menu if you don’t want to press the side button every time you talk to Siri. So, the steps to ask Siri to check your remaining battery percentage:
- Say “Hello, Siri” to activate Siri and check the battery percentage.
As simple and easy as this option may seem, it is not suitable for all situations. Activating Siri every time you want to know the time is not the best option.
Steps to Check the Battery via the Control Center
The easiest way to check your remaining battery power without returning to the Home screen is through Control Center. For people who constantly check their phone’s battery, opening Control Center is the best option.
- Swipe down from the upper-right corner of your iPhone.
- When Control Center opens, you can see the battery percentage in the upper right corner along with other icons.
- If you want to make access to Control Center even bigger, easier, or you want to scroll down every time you need to check the time, complicated, you can add a gesture to the settings menu so that Control Center opens with a simple gesture.
- Go to the settings menu, scroll down to the “Accessibility” section and select the “Touch” option.
- At the bottom, there is an option to “Go back to the top.” Click on that.
- Now you can set the gesture as either “Double Tap” or “Triple Tap.”
- Choose the option you want.
Once you set the new gesture, you can open the Double Tap Control Center when you want to check your battery percentage or anything else. You don’t need to access this gesture just from the home screen. Every time you double-tap, the Control Center appears.
The iPhone 12 is one of the best cell phones compared to its previous models and other phones on the market. Of course, the new battery status update will cause quite a bit of trouble. But there are a few options mentioned above that you can use as an alternative.
Also, when you plug your phone into the charger, the battery percentage will be displayed. There is no other way to check the battery. However, if you notice that your battery is faulty, it’s best to contact a professional who can diagnose your gadget. In case you need the information how to turn flash on iphone 12, follow this link.