Ever since iOS 11, there has been a very useful feature called Screen Recorder. Since then, there is no need to download any software. The new iPhone 12, 12 mini, 12 Pro, and 12 Pro Max also have this feature. Now you’ll find how to screen record on iPhone 12. Let’s figure out how it works on these devices.
How to Screen Record on iPhone 12, 12 mini, 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max
Like screenshots, screen recording can come in handy in quite a few cases.
The most common ones are most often related to recording bugs, just some snippets of video or even instructions.
On all devices, including the iPhone 13 vs iPhone 12, the procedure is as follows:
- go to Settings and open Controls;
- next, find Customize Controls, click on the plus sign next to Screen Recording;
- on the main screen, swipe down in the upper right corner to bring up the Control Panel;
- there is already a record button, press it to start shooting the video screen (starts after 3 seconds of pressing it);
- when you have captured everything, just click on the same button on the Control Panel (or select the red bar and then Stop).
When you screen record at least once, you won’t have any more difficulties. Everything is done in a couple of clicks.
How Do I Turn on the Sound/Microphone on iPhone 12
The silent mode must be turned off to record the system sounds of the device.
If you want to talk while recording:
- go to the Control Panel, press your finger on the Screen Recording item;
- at the bottom find the Microphone button (if the light is red, it means that it will work during the recording).
These two little details can really help if you want quality video.
How to Edit Screen Recording on Your iPhone 12
Once you’ve recorded your iOS screen, it will save the video to the Photos app on your device. You can navigate to photos to crop the shake at the beginning or end of the recording.
- Step 1 When you tap the Stop button, you can go to Photos and select a clip where you can find the Edit option in the upper right corner.
- Step 2 Click on the Edit option to crop the screen recording from the start or end point using the yellow crop indicator.
- Step 3 You can also preview it by clicking the Play Button down the center. Click Done to select as Save as a new clip, (Check how to trim video in iMovie)
The Best Screen Recording Alternative for iPhone 12 on PC / Mac
iOS screen recorder provides only basic recording features when you want to mirror your iPhone on PC, stream and record audio and video or even edit recordings directly on your computer. Apeaksoft iOS Screen Recorder is a versatile screen recorder for iOS that allows you to easily reflect and capture iOS content with high quality on your computer.
Simply download and install the iOS screen recorder. You can run the program on your computer. Connect your iPhone and computer to the same network situation. Swipe up from the bottom edge of any screen to open Control Center. Hit Screen Mirroring, and then select Apeaksoft iOS Screen Recorder ability to enable the mirror function.
After that, you can go to the “Settings” option and select the desired video quality, such as: 1920×1080 Full HD, In addition, you can also optimize the Airplay display size, set a password so other people can’t connect your iPhone or iPad, and add external lossless audio with the default Airplay receiver.
When streaming and mirroring your iPhone, you can now record the iOS screen to your computer by using the right circle button to start recording the iPhone screen on your computer. While recording, you can adjust the volume, pause and resume recording, turn the microphone off/on, and adjust the size of the recording window.
Once you have recorded the desired iPhone 12 screen recording, it will take you to a folder where you can save the video file by pressing the Stop button. You can then set the size of the video recording, destination, and more before tapping Start Export button to save the iPhone recording to your computer as an MP4.
Record iPhone 12 Screen Video with Your Computer
Mac owners may find it convenient to screen record using a computer. All you need is a cable.
- Connect your phone or tablet to your MacBook or iMac.
- Launch QuickTime Player on your Mac.
- Choose File → New Video Recording from the program menu.
- When webcam screen recording icon opens, switch it to record the screen of your mobile device. To do this, click on the arrow next to the recording button and select your device.
- Select the audio source.
- Press the record button to start the process. Press the stop button to stop.
- In the QuickTime Player menu, press “File” → “Save.
In QuickTime Player, you can also record the Mac screen. This method will be convenient because the screen recordings will be saved immediately in the computer’s memory, where you can continue to work with it.
Helpful iPhone 12 Screen Recording Tips
Is there a way to customize your screen recording settings?
When you use iPhone 12 screen recording, you can’t adjust the output settings. Moreover, you can only save the video as an MOV file, which is not widely used for other devices. To capture the video you want, mirroring the iOS screen on your computer is recommended.
Preparations you should know to record the iOS screen 11/12/13/14
It is recommended that you turn off all notifications while you are recording the screen, as they can disrupt the recording process. Of course, you should make sure you have enough space and memory when you need to record a large video with the iOS 11/12/13/14 screen recording feature.
How to fix iOS 14/13/12/11 Screen recording does not record sound?
If you want to fix iOS 14/13/12/11 screen recording without sound, you can simply check the sound settings in Control Center, reboot your iPhone or iPad, restore your iPhone to factory settings, or even ask Apple for a professional service.
This article is the definitive guide on iOS 14/13/12/11 screen recording that you can learn more about how to set up screen recording, add audio files and even edit videos. Of course, you can easily mirror and capture the desired iOS screen on your computer with Apeaksoft iOS Screen Recorder.