The battery level on all older iPhone models is very easy to find out, just go to “Settings” → “Battery” and turn on the “Percentage charge” option. However, Apple smartphones equipped with the TrueDepth camera system (iPhone 12, 12 Pro, 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone X, iPhone XS, and iPhone XR) do not have such an option. Does this mean that it is impossible to know the battery level in the new flagships? Not at all. Despite the absence of the corresponding option in Settings, it is still possible to find out how to add battery percentage on iPhone 12.
How To Enable Battery Percentage On iPhone 12 And iPhone 12 Mini
The easiest and most convenient way to find out the battery percentage indicator on your iPhone 12 is through Control Panel.
- Step 1: Swipe down from the top right corner of the screen to open Control Center.
- Step 2: The status bar will show the charge percentage and icons for Bluetooth and geolocation services.
That’s it. Once you know the percentage of the remaining charge, you can close the Control Center.
A Quick Way to Open the Control Center
If you don’t want to reach the top corner of the screen every time, you can use the “Tap from behind” feature to open the Control Point. This feature allows you to perform different actions by double and triple tapping the back of your iPhone.
“Tap from behind” is one of the best features of iOS 14. You can open apps and perform various actions by tapping your smartphone. For example, you can increase or decrease the volume, take a screenshot, activate Siri, swipe up or down, and more. You can also tap to open a Controls item.
Here’s how to set up the feature:
- Step 1: Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Scroll down to Universal Access.
- Step 3: Here, select Touch.
- Step 4: Select the Back Touch option.
- Step 5: There will be two options here: Double Tap and Triple Tap.
- Step 6: Select Double Tap and from the list select Control Point.
Now, when you want to know the battery percentage of the remaining charge, just double-tap the back of your iPhone. This will open the Management Item. You can also customize the action for triple tapping.
You can also use the feature not just on your home screen or lock screen. You can use taps in any app. The feature works even with a case, at least a silicone one. If you have a leather or thick case, the function may not always work.
Other Options to Enable Battery Percentage on iPhone
Use widgets to Show How Much Battery Percentage on iPhone
Before iOS 14, support for widgets on the iPhone was limited – they could not be added to the home screen. With the release of iOS 14, that has changed.
You can add a battery widget directly to your smartphone’s home screen so that your battery percentage is always visible. Here’s how to do it:
- Step 1: Unlock your iPhone and open the home screen.
- Step 2: Tap the icon or blank space on the screen.
- Step 3: The home screen edit mode will open.
- Step 4: Tap the “+” icon in the upper left corner.
- Step 5: A panel with widgets to add will open.
- Step 6: Select the battery widget to add it to the home screen.
- Step 7: Three different sizes for the widget will be offered: small, medium, and large.
- Step 8: Click “Add widget” at the bottom of the screen.
You can also add a battery widget to the “Today” screen. You need to click it, too, and then click the “+” icon in the upper left corner of the screen. The process of adding the widget will be the same.
You can click on the added widget to move it to another location.
Ask Siri Using Voice Command to Display Battery Percentage
You can also ask Siri about the battery percentage. Activate the Personal Assistant with “Hey Siri” and ask it about the current charge level on your iPhone. Siri will tell you the battery percentage remaining.
You can set up this automation to get a useful notification of the end of battery power:
- Launch the Quick Commands app on the Automation tab.
- Click the Create automation for yourself button.
- Specify the Charge Level action with the parameter Equals 100%.
- In the next step, select the two actions you want: Get Battery Level and Say Text (Charge Level).
- You can add some text to make the notification look more natural.
- In the next step, disable the Ask before start option and save the automation.
Now you will always know when your smartphone is 100% charged and ready to unplug. You can improve this automation by setting several thresholds for informativeness and disabling nighttime operation. Here is information about how to set up voicemail on iphone 12 in case you need it.
The method is quick but requires a charger nearby. Connect the charger to your iPhone 12 and you will see your phone’s battery percentage level in percentages on the lock screen.
Go with third-party apps
An effective and good old-fashioned solution to most problems, just download the app. Luckily, the app store has a great battery percentage and monitoring apps for you to choose from. We’ve listed some of them for you.
The iPhone battery app for iPhone is Battery HD +. This is useful for the iPad as well. With this app, you can quickly find out the remaining time to talk, listen to music, browse the Internet, watch videos, etc. The app also helps you keep track of your battery percentage on your iPhone.
In addition, the app also alerts you when your iPhone is fully charged. This helps you avoid problems caused by overcharging your devices. In addition, Battery HD + supports multiple languages.
Battery Life Doctor Pro
Battery Life Doctor is a very simple application with an attractive and user-friendly interface. The app provides accurate system information so that you can track the activities that drain your device’s battery percentage. Important battery data can also be obtained from the app to know the actual battery percentage. Consequently, you can also check the available battery life.
Does iPhone 12 pro have battery percentage?
Unfortunately, no – the “ears” in iPhones equipped with the Face ID scanner do not leave room to display percentages. Many other arguments could be made, but this will not change the fact that people are used to always see the battery level on their screen as a battery percentage, at least optionally. The lack of such an option makes many iPhone owners uncomfortable.
How do I put the percentage of battery on my new iPhone?
When you add the battery widget, the battery percentage of your iPhone will be visible whenever you are on the iPhone 12 home screen. We have described above how to add a widget for a battery percentage.